If the desktop does come with MSI preloaded software – BurnRecovery, please refer to [Use USB recovery disk to recover?], and or to install a new Windows 10 please refer to [How to clean install Windows 10].
Use USB recovery disk to recover
Please refer to the article [How to use MSI BurnRecovery?]
How to clean install Windows 10
MSI desktop computer
Windows 10 DVD-ROM (USB-DISK with system restoration file).
Attention: Backup data before installing system.
Set BIOS setting ahead
1. Install Windows10 DVD-ROM (USB-DISK with system restoration file), restart the computer.
2. When MSI logo appears, continuously knock [del] key to enter BIOS menu. Successively select [SETTINGS\Advance\Integrated perimeter], set SATA mode to AHCI.
3. Set [SETTINGS\Advance\Windows] to [Windows 10 WHQL], press F10 key to save and exit.
1. Restart computer, when MSI logo appears continuously knock F11 key to enter boot menu, select USB booting mode, press [ENTER] key to enter the USB disk. (Take USB as the example. If you use DVD-ROM booting mode please select DVD-ROM).
2. Confirm default settings options [Installation language → Date and currency format → Keyboard and input method]. If it needn’t to alter, please click [Next].
3. Select [Install].
4. Input Product Key, click [Next]. If you don’t have it, please click [I do not have a product key, Next]. You can still enter the key after the system installation.
5. Select [Windows10 Home], click [Next].
6. Select [I accept the terms of authorization] and click [Next].
7. Click [Install Windows only (advanced)].
8. No need to divide the disk, directly select partition to install system (This method only formats the selected partition, and the rest of the partition data is not lost, but if the other partition has a file that is infected with the virus, such action can’t clear the virus file). Select the volume you need and click [Next].
9. After running the installation process, the computer will restart automatically and enter Windows Initial Setup Environment
10. Select your area and click [Yes] to continue
11. Select a keyboard layout and click [Yes] to continue
12. Add a second keyboard layout or go [Skip]
13. Connect to an available Ethernet or Wireless network or select [I don't have Internet]
14. Name your PC/ user name and click [Next]
15. Set a password for your computer. If you don’t need a password, select [Next] to skip
16. The following Settings can be enabled according to your personal needs
17. The following Settings can be enabled according to your personal needs
18. Wait until the configuration settings completed, you will enter the Windows desktop straightly, at this stage means the operating system has been installed successfully.